Anxiety during pregnancy

In my 12th week now. I have prior case of anxiety before I got pregnant. Panic attacks when overly stressed and mental breakdowns. Now that I’m pregnant, I just had my first panic attack in the pregnancy and it was 20x worse than before. I’m stressed out at work, at home, with extended family and worried about money and health. I don’t know what to do. My husband suggests that I slow down at work. He is able to support us. But I feel guilty. Today, while he was driving on the highway, I opened the door and was ready to fling myself out. But thankfully I managed to stop myself. Really scared my husband by doing that. I also scared myself. I don’t know how to deal with my stress anymore. Doctor says I cannot exercise yet. I just feel so frustrated. I don’t want to get into a car. I don’t want to go out. I don’t have mood to work. I don’t even have mood to do anything - not even look at social media or watch videos. Just want to lie in bed all day. I read all this people online say oh try prenatal yoga, try meditation blablabla. I honestly don’t have mood to do that. Now I’m just wondering if I should seek professional help. Just so tired of everything. So overwhelmed.

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, just to share that I had panic attacks before my pregnancy....before my pregnancy, my attacks are so bad that it happened almost everyday...like depression..... Been in/out hospital many times for that becos of heart palpitations... went to see a psychiatrist in SGH and was prescribed medication for that... stubborn me, tried to overcome without medication.... but things got worse that I cried almost everyday and relied on my hubby v badly...cos I'm afraid of being alone at that time... I'm mummy with 3 kids....For the sake of my family, I feel that I have to take the medicine as I do not want to continue giving negative thoughts to them...... After medication, mood starts to go well..... I'm expecting my No. 4 and I'm still on my panic attacks medication......Doc said it's safe to take during pregnancy...... till now everything was doing well..... and I'm 15 weeks pregnant now....So I feel that as for your symptoms now, for the sake of your family, it's best to seek professional help.... remember that you are not alone.... Hope everything goes well for you.... God bless you.

Read more
5y trước

Hi there ,how have u been?i have been having severe panic attack and anxiety for the past three months since i give birth😟😟 I used to have anxiety before pregnant,during pregnant and now after pregnant.I feel so so scared and paranoid but im still surviving because i pray and ask God help.I wanted to seek help from doctor but i heard that anti depressants are very dangerous and can make ur condition worsen and even end up with suicidal thoughts!I don’t want that to happen but i seriously need help now.please share with me ur medication and experience too.Thank u and hugs