Any other mommy here facing skin rash/skin issues?

I'm in Week 9 and for around two to three weeks, I've noticed a persistent rash marking stretching just below my lower lips. Also, pimples are breaking out at my chin n not going away for weeks. Is this normal? I usually don't have too much skin issues, hence not sure if this has to do with pregnancy....

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had the same issue when I was in week 17? My entire skin barrier on my face seemed to be compromised as I felt stinging sensation when I applied the moisturer. I asked my beautician, she said it’s normal since I’m expecting and there’s some changes in hormones. I tried to be diligent and gentle when I’m doing my skincare routine and it got better after a month. It takes time for the skin to recover. Hope this helps! (:

Read more
2y trước

thank u for your sharing!! I'm not alone in this 😢 indeed, I too felt a burning sensation when I apply moisturizer on it (cetaphil). I feel demoralised at times when I stare into the mirror, and retreated to being a hermit not wishing to be outside and meet people unless necessary. looks like it's all hormones at work. hope this phase passes soon and I can regain some confidence😌

I'm 10 weeks today, my skin is drier now especially on my legs and it gets itchy. I have always had acne prone skin but got way better over the last few years. But eversince I got pregnant, pimples pop everywhere especially at the chin and cheek area.

2y trước

I'm a FTM too! Women are really something else, the sacrifices we make and the things we go through. You're right, media isn't showing the real pregnancy journey. Wishing you all the best mommy! Hugs! ❤️

yes normal cos hormones are fluctuating

2y trước

thank you!