what happens if baby neck is not supported and “falls back”?

i’m a FTM. this happened a few times as i dunno how to really carry him when he struggles. i’m so worried. my wrists hurt too as he is a big baby. very heavy and tired from carrying him :(

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

Perhaps use your arm to support the head and neck instead of your hand/wrist? A lot less tiring for you. If he’s struggling, either cradle him in your arms and hold him close to you, or carry upright with his chin resting on your shoulder and his body pressed against yours (your other hand will gently support his head so it doesn’t flop, but you don’t actually put weight on that hand). Another awesome alternative for struggling babies is simply to swaddle then well. A night tight swaddle keeps all the limbs inside. Heh. If you find it hard to wrap the swaddle well, consider getting the velcro/zip ones. Very useful for handling struggling babies, as well as for putting them to sleep/nap:)

Read more

Newborn Babies’ heads are bigger than the rest of their body that’s why we must support it well whenever we’re carrying them. You just gotta practice and tahan the pain in your wrist until you find the correct and non-painful way of carrying baby that works for you.

Thành viên VIP

Happened to me once in public...scared the hell out of me but a kind person told me...its ok, they are flexible...still perhaps it is best you use a carrier

1 month plus to 3 months most of the time I carry in lying position. After that then I carry up position

Super Mom

Use a carrier. Use ice packs on your painful wrist if it hurts, try to prevent mummy's wrist/thumb

Thành viên VIP

How old is baby? Can use carrier to carry instead.

4y trước

Example : https://ergobaby.com/baby-carrier http://www.mothercare.com.sg/car-seats-carriers/baby-carriers/carriers/ergo-baby-bundle-joy-360-carrier-black.html There’s a insert for infant. Must adjust properly so neck won’t break At least 3.2kg n above

Super Mom

Ergo baby carrier is recommended

Use carriwe

Thành viên VIP

Here

Post reply image