Rants/ Just sharing

Hi I'm a ftm at 20y & a single mum . Can any mum give me answers !! 🥲 My baby is 4month + now she's refusing to sleep past midnight she chose to stay awake till 4am even after her 2am feeding time .. for the past few days 😐 Is it because she's hungry that's why refuse to sleep ?? but she's not being fussy or cranky when she's awake (only when she don't have enough time to sleep) She have also been refusing to drink up 180 ml of formula milk . I was told if baby didn't finish her milk in 1hr then i must throw away the balance of milk . Should I change formula milk instead or that's just normal ? #worryingmom S26 Gold is not cheap afraid it will go to waste plus she's still at stage1🥲🥲 Anyways I'm not breastfeeding ( cause milk didn't produce that much ) and also baby has jaundice when she was born and I have thalassemia so I didn't give baby any since day 1 . #pleasehelp #advicepls #worryingmom

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My baby is also around the same age as yours and i gave her 150 -160ml every 3hourly or as and when she wants it. Maybe you want to try changing her sleeping patterns? Try to play with her in the morning. Shorter naps in the afternoon.Massage her before you put her to bed? Reduce her milk intake you see if she can finish it. You can also try to buy essential oil to improve baby’s sleep. My baby drink dumex

Read more
2y trước

Understand 😊 you can try testing abit on baby’s body first before applying. And if baby isnt fussy or crying it should just be that her body clock have adapted to that timing. Do you swaddle baby? Trying loud noise? Soothing sound? And after the last feeding is she isnt asleep within one hr try giving her the balance milk.

180ml is too much for 4 months old. My 8-month girl only drinks 12-150ml per feed every 2-3 hours. it's OK if she can't finish, don't force Review her nap time is her daytime nap too long

2y trước

2-3 hrs not too much ?? I feed my baby every 4hrs cause she also drink water plus melon strips . inbetween the 4hr

I gave her 180 ml of formula every 4-5 hours . The Same as 120 ml of formula . but she refuse to drink up 180 ml compared to 120ml 😐

2y trước

Hi. Maybe you can try swaddling ? I read that she drinks water plus melon strips ? Just out of curiosity.. Is it a kind of sweet drink?