Should I get vaccinated?

I’m currently at week 37 and will be due in three weeks time. My gynae did say it’s ok for me to go with the jab, I told him I will do it after giving birth and he said ok. However, looking at the recent rising cases and delta variant. I’m thinking of taking the 1st jab, my husband also encourage me to go for it. Any advice if I should take the jab now or wait till after birth? What would you do if it’s you? #advicepls

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I personally didn’t and wont as i’m also very close to being due and wont be able to complete both doses anyway, although I work in a higher risk env too. My gynae has agreed to give me HL so I will just try to stay home as much as possible till I give birth, and then take the vaccine during/right after confinement. Personally, I’m worried about how any of my possible side effects will affect bb in utero. If bb is already out, at least any side effects from the vaccine (passed through bm) is more visible and I can actually see how bb is. Cos if he is inside, cant see mah. But it’s up to your comfort level. I know many who took the vaccine while pregnant and are currently fine too!

Read more