I have weak immune system and I feel so worried

I'm currently in my 7 weeks. And I have sorethroat and fever now. I'm really afraid of swab and more importantly I'm worried for the baby in my womb after all I'm still on very early stage. Is it normal to fall sick? I know it's best to see GP but any other way I can get well sooner.... =( I'm a first time mommy and alot of things I'm unsure of.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

When pregnant you can get sick more easily and it would last longer too. Normal cough and cold won't affect baby don't worry, but if you have high and prolonged fever (>39degrees) it's best to see doctor since high fever might not be good for baby. Doctor can give the appropriate dose to control the fever. Pregnant mummies are advised to take flu vaccine as well so check with your doctor,all the best!

Read more

during pregnancy your immune system is automatically suppressed so it doesn't reject the baby in the womb..i always had a fair amount of flu , runny nose and all that during my first n even now in my second pregnancy.. i guess its normal..well its covid pandemic..better stay away from crowded places to be safe! goodluck and stay safe mummy!

Read more