Sometimes baby quiet for few hours

Im currently in 3rd trim, almost gg to 9 months. Do your baby ever give you a scare. Sometimes they’re already very active in the morning moving non stop and sometimes theyre just awfully quiet for few hours that it scared the heck out of it that you already plan to go to hospital to get it checked but then the next minute suddenly baby is doing acrobatic moves and kicking non stop (‘: Some say by now we would already know our baby’s active hours, but uptil now i still dont know. Unless at night when going to sleep, thats when baby is always moving. But during the day there are days when baby is always active from morning bt there are days when baby take some time to be active , like 11am onwards. And yes sometimes i would purposely poke my tummy for baby to move when it gets too quiet then he’ll be angry and kick non stop😂 #FTM

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

Oh i ended up at KKH twice for an CTG but it turns out baby loves to sleep when im crazy running around working (back then i was in pharmacy) or literally every time i moved like walking etc. But the minute i sit in a bus or lie down to sleep at night Bam! we have a circus ladies and gentlemen. But it doesn't hurt to be more aware of baby movement or lack of. Once throughout the night there was no movement at all so i swung by my GP for flu related stuff. But the Dr actually pushed me to go to a&e since baby was quiet from 3 to 9am and i was chilling around the house (hard to sleep at this stage of pregnancy). The minute i called my husband to tell him im booking a cab, little one started flipping like a pancake. 😑 When worried, go to a quiet room lie on ur side and deep breathing. Stay there for an hour usually and just feel any flickers. That calms me down and reassures the hell out of me haha. If at work or outside i just go find a corner and sit quiet for abit sometimes rubbing and talking to baby. To be fair at this gestation stage it gets snuggly inside so reduced movement is common. Good luck for labour!

Read more

I get that too, especially on weekends if I sleep in, baby also seems to sleep in 😂 I actually went down to the hospital once coz baby seemed to be moving less,but it seemed like he was really just sleeping😅 the nurses and doc told me to count for 10 movements throughout the day ,so I guess it's fine if baby doesn't move too much for a couple of hours. If baby doesn't move for the whole day, time to call the hospital.

Read more

yes totally understand how you feel. there were times bb wasnt active and even purposely poking gets no reaction too . i had to get my hubby to talk to my stomach or sing song loudly 😁