Count baby kicks

After 28w do you still track and count baby kicks even if baby is active ? As sometimes baby moves and kick non stop for a straight 1-2 mins so not sure how many to count. #firsttimemom

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my dr say he dont usually ask mummies to count kicks, its unnecessary stress. he says so long thru out the day there is movement ,its good. after some time, u might realised baby's movement pattern. some baby are more active, some are less active. some like to kick, some roll instead and some prefers to do "yoga" 😂 I personally just monitor movement "every hour" . like even if its 1 kick i will just look at the time and mentally register that baby moved and i will go on with my day. also take note, there are some days baby is just a bit lazy.. 😂 like some days move a little less then normal and thats okay. just like us, some days we just wanna stay in bed and sleep all day. 😄

Read more

No, for sure if the baby is so active, he/she can easily hit that 10 counts within the min. Hahaha... sometimes they are active, sometimes they are asleep. I will only track if I didn't seem to feel any movement for half day onwards, maybe because I'm too busy, but just to be sure.

i dont count usually but i will always see the time. like my 2nd bb always kick during 11am. so i will wait for her kicks. if she doesnt i will shake my tummy to wake her up. hehe. but ya as long as there active movement.

I don’t count the kicks but will observe and make sure at least baby moves when I change position or eat sweet stuffs. If it feels exceptionally quiet for a few hours better see a Gynae to do a scan.

For me as long as I feel the constant kick toss turn I wont count. Ill count only based on few hrs gap and take closes numbers

I didn’t count it every time. If I can feel some kind of movement, it was good for me

I just make sure that my baby moved in the morning, noon, evening and night.