Calcium during pregnancy

Im currently 29 weeks, is it mandatory to take calcium everyday, be it pills or milk ? Since im still under kkh subsidized, different different dr, im not sure if i need to ask for calcium pills or not. As so far they never mention about it. Only prescribed the normal obimin & DHA supplements. #FTM

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For what I know of you take calcium pill if you have low calcium. Cause this can affect you after birth. Nonetheless, you can seek advice with dr if is mandatory or not. Yes, most of the time will just be obumin/fish oil only. You can also on your end drink normal milk/maternity milk whatever is best advice by dr on your consultation. Though you are under subsidy, most of the time the doctor will advice same thing. I am under subsidy for second pregnancy recently at KKH, so yeah.

Read more

Yes calcium is v important for baby growth~ Baby would take calcium from your bones and teeth if your diet has not enough of it. If you are very deficient of calcium, you may have loose teeth after birth. Maybe your doctor will prescribe it to you at the last 3 months of your pregnancy. I am also KKH subsidized, though I changed to private. My doctor has prescribed me Ganilia, calcium, iron tablets.

Read more

Yes calcium is v important for baby growth~ Baby would take calcium from your bones and teeth if your diet has not enough of it. If you are very deficient of calcium, you may have loose teeth after birth. Maybe your doctor will prescribe it to you at the last 3 months of your pregnancy. I am also KKH subsidized, though I changed to private. My doctor has prescribed me Ganilia, calcium, iron tablets.

Read more
10mo trước

May I check with which doctor are you with now? Thinking to convert to private and thought I can get a suggestion

My gynae didnt prescribe me calcium, he say not necessary. I had muscle cramp what i did just drink more milk and it seems help

I did not take calcium but I drank milk. so far doctor say ok as long as my teeth did not drop and calcium enough for baby

Influencer của TAP

i was not prescribed calcium neither did i take specifically