Charcoal Tablets During Pregnancy

I'm currently 25 weeks pregnant. Vomited once and had diarrhea consecutively since 4 hours ago. Is it safe to take charcoal pills?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I went to a GP for diarrhea when I was at Week 31, and was prescribed Dhamotil, charcoal and probiotics. Checked with my gynae on the next day, and she said it's okay. Main concern is that taking both Dhamotil and charcoal might cause constipation after the diarrhea stops. But I think it's better to just check with your doctor, if you're unsure. Don't self medicate when pregnant. Dehydration because of diarrhea might also affect the level of amniotic fluid. So your gynae might need to check that too.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

hi. charcoal shudnt be an issue. i too once had charcoal when i was in my 1st Trimester😊😊 but i will eat it with probiotics as well. pls drink alot of water to flush out all the bad bacteria in the tummy.

Yup. Was down with gastroenteritis when I was at week 20. Went to see the GP at TMC. Was given a jab to stop the vomiting and charcoal pills for the diarrhea as well as some probiotics to improve gut health.

Thành viên VIP

I think you better check with ur gynae before consuming any medication!