I'm currently 12 weeks pregnant. I strained my muscles or nerves while trying to carry my 11 months baby. Any home remedies that I can try instead of the doc? The pain is quite sharp and I'm unable to walk or get up easily.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi hidayati, which part of your body did you hurt? Do try soaking a towel or washcloth in warm salted water, wring it out, and place on the area. This is one of the safest and most reliable remedies. For some people, alternating between warm and cold compresses also helps. If the pain is really bad it is also ok to have one Panadol at night before going to sleep. I used to use tiger balm too during my pregnancy but I'm not really sure if it's medically recommended.

Read more
7y trước

Hi Jayashree, it's on my right side of the hip area. I'll try that as I only did with just warm water. Thank you!

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-32909)

I agree with Jorelle, I would use a warm compress. You may have to use it a few times before the pain goes away. Please take it easy and see your doctor if the pain gets worse.

7y trước

Thanks!! The doc gave me a gel to rub..

Thành viên VIP

Try to get some hot compress on the affected area. Have some painkillers (safe for pregnancy) if the pain gets unbearable

Hot compress maybe helpful. Warm showers helps too. If it gets worst please seek medical advise.

Go to the doctor. I wouldn't take the risk at all.