insensitive

i’m 33 weeks along & stretch marks are getting worse on my butt n thighs, getting heavier too(165.6cm 59kg. pre-pregnancy 48-51kg) . i’m super self conscious n insecure about my body since even before pregnancy, my partner doesn’t seem to mind but he jokes about it sometimes or just stare at my stretch marks n it makes me feel so disgusted with myself, i’ve mentioned many times that i don’t like my body n i’m self conscious but he still continues being insensitive.. what do i do?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I was self conscious about my body at first too.. till now actually but I’ve learnt to accept (35wks just a few wks left)! For the stretch marks, are you using any oil? I used bio-oil since first trimester. It can be used when your stretch marks are already showing. Sometimes I do joke about my body too but i will specifically tell my husband that I am the only person who is allowed to do that so he rarely does it cos he knows how upset it makes me. But he doesn’t mind and told me that I am pregnant and the weight that comes with it is natural. After birth, I can start losing the weight. Try talking to your husband about your insecurities and tell him your limit when he’s joking about it. It might help.

Read more

I'm self conscious with my body as well. My stretch marks is too visible! Like it could leave a scar for life. I told my hubby about it but he's so super supportive for me, saying, I am the one carrying this baby and it's beautiful and shows that I am going through Motherhood. It made me feel better after that. 😊

Read more

Honestly if the thigh part bother u much just wear longer shorts to cover and religiously put the stretch mark cream. There’s nothing much you can do, I feel. It’s the sacrifice of you know, being pregnant.

You are doing great growing a baby inside of you! Buy some nice maternity clothing that flatters your changing body

Thành viên VIP

Sit him down with a serious tone and let him know you mean it and how much it is impacting you.

Thành viên VIP

Have a good talk with him and let him know exactly how you feel, he will understand (:

Thành viên VIP

have a serious heart to heart talk with him

My hubby said I looked like a balloon. 😞