Hijab wearing ladies during delivery

Ill be delivering in KKH, and my edd is in 5 weeks time. Hopefully ill be able to go natural. Specifically for ladies that wear hijab, do we need to cover up once we change to hospital gown, and in labour room and during delivery? Like wearing hijab, handsock and long pants? Or the handsock and pants are more to when we are in the ward when visitors come in ? Do you also pack extra hijab in your hospital bag? #FTM

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

(I copied my answer from another post earlier btw)* During delivery I wore an instant button hijab (takva) and very high socks. Even in subsidised rooms I wore a long hoodie or cardigan down. to my ankles with a hood sometimes. Just during labour the instant hijab was a mess so i recommend wearing a breathable inner or even tudung syria (slip on). During labour and afterwards can request for non male staff attending to u and they will stick a sign on ur curtain. so make sure have ur instant hijab near u, sometimes the medical officers or rounding gynaes are male too. In the event of labour rounds sometimes theres only male gynae. If u have problems and a female gynae is out for delivery might have to make the tough choice of letting the male dr check on u e.g. cervical opening, position of baby by touching ur tummy etc. Ur private gynae usually pop in during active labour not the hours and days before so i didnt know this and was pretty taken aback.. Anyway the pink dress is three quarter length so around ur knee or shin area depending. And sleeves are short. The chest area is a funny slip easy for breastfeeding btw. Idk if they changed recently but that was as of February

Read more

salam mummy. last mth i give birth to my son. i remove my hijab on labour ward ..my hubby request n info only female doctors and nurses. they will put a notice infront of ure ward.once i give birth and settle down on ward then u cn put on ure hijab. hope this help..

With all due respect, these are so much work for a mom in labour 😔