If offering avocado and fruits, do we need to steam them first? if so, for how long? thanks!

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Nope, don't have to steam or blend it. It's already soft and creamy by nature so it's pretty much hassle free to prepare it:) I've just started solids for my 6month old boy today with avocados. Just have to mash it with fork, mix a little FM/BM into it and serve. 1 whole avocado is a little much for my boy and I read that it isn't advisable to freeze for the next day's feed (it turns brown) so my sister made avocado shake out of it hahah. Other fruits like apple & pears, you can steam for a couple of minutes and then cut them up in strips if you're practising Baby Lead Weaning (BLW) or if baby is having puree, blend it until your desirex texture :) Philip avent 2in1 steamer is pretty useful and fuss-free for this.

Read more

Definitely no need to dream avocado cos it's creamy when ripe and you can scrape off directly to feed. Harder fruits like apples or pears can be lightly steamed (about 5 minutes). I've tried to scrape papaya to feed directly as well but if it's not ripe enough you can also steam it for 5 minutes. I seriously don't think you need to steam kiwi as well if it's ripe enough. And yes for strawberries, also lightly steamed. Durians don't have to be steamed. Hee hee.

Read more

Fruits that are mashable by baby's gum such as avocado, mango, banana, papaya etc. do not required to steam before offering. Fruits that required to be steamed are apple, pear, peach and etc. which are harder to be chewed by baby's gum. When you offer fruits, try to cut them into strips shape so baby can hold them easily during BLW .

Read more
Thành viên VIP

For a 6-month-old baby, it's really just important to make sure food is soft. Another is to make sure they're the size of your middle finger so they're long and thick enough for the baby to pick up, since her pincer grip is still not developed and can't pick up smaller objects.

I gave my 5.5 month old Avacado directly. Most other fruits we steamed and mashed to a consistency that was easy to swallow. We used the Philips Avent steamer and blender. 2-5 minutes of steaming depending on the fruit. The manual has guidelines.

You will require steaming for food that is hard but for avocados, you can offer directly to your baby by mashing with a fork and you can add milk to control the consistency of the puree. Steaming of fruits is around 10 minutes.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-483)

No need to steam avacado - it's soft enough when mashed even for a 6 month old baby to eat. But you may have to steam harder fruits like apples and pears if you're giving them to a young baby.

Avocados are vey soft you can directly give it to your LO no need to steam it. You might want to steam only for hard fruits. or maybe u can even mash the hard fruist with milk

Yes for avocado as you need to cook it first, can steam for about 5-6mins until it's soft.