worried

I was holding my 1 month old by the head and hip when he suddenly let out a loud fart while pooping. As it was sudden I got a shocked and jumped. Baby was in my hand (1 palm supported head and neck and another in hip) and I think I shook when I jumped. Baby was shocked and so was I. Now I am scared, will it cause any harm to baby such as shaken baby syndrome?? Baby seems fine now but I am worried whether that momentary shake due to shock will cause any harm.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

When you jumped was his neck and head still supported? Actually if wasnt supported and his head flip back, I don’t think will cause shaken baby. Shaken baby is caused by continuous aggressive shake where baby head and neck move in different direction, simple to say where the brain is being shake and continuously hitting the wall of the skull. Also SBS are caused intentionally, rarely by accident. Don’t worry mama, as long as LO is behaving well, no vomiting or drowsiness then all is fine. I would be more concern if he hurt his neck than SBS tho

Read more

Don't worry dear. If your worried about 1 month and you shake a bit, imagine when their older and their shaking their head by themselves non stop. Shaken baby syndrome is long extreme shaking so a sudden shock is okay. The shaking would be quite a aggressive like... In Men in Black when the guy was shaking the dog for information

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Don’t worry baby’s r fragile but not too .. if any pain means baby will show it while touching the area he may cry so next time be careful.. tc

Thành viên VIP

Don’t worry. If you didn’t forcefully and violently shake your baby, It’s fine since you supported the head and neck too.

Super Mom

Oh don’t worry:) Shaken baby syndrome is not like that. You were supporting baby well, so it’s alright ❤️

My baby headbutt (around same age) me! I am worried too......

Hey Mum, I think it is fine as the baby is well supported

Thành viên VIP

I think alright..dun worry

Influencer của TAP

Hug baby closr;!

Influencer của TAP

sounds fine 💕