Falling off baby cot

Baby 11 months old climbed and fell off her cot while I was doing cleaning in another room. Believe head down as there was a loud sound. Rushed to hospital, doctor found no physical injuries and didn’t recommend any scans due to high radiation. Asked to observe for 48 hours. Anyone with similar experience? I’m so worried. Does it mean she’s ok if there’s no vomiting or what in 48 hours? Will it affect her brain development in the future? I’m feeling so worried and bad.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

My baby also fell at around 11 months and had a HUGE egg on her forehead like seriously as big as an egg. I panicked a lot, but I read about it and while it may look scary it actually doesn't have any long term damage. Most common falls are completely harmless, you already took baby to the doctor so there's really no need to worry, just monitor the baby for any vomitting.

Read more
4y trước

Oh no. How high did your girl fell off? Nobody witnessed how she fell. And there’s no physical injuries anywhere. I worried if her head fell down first and if there’s internal injury. 1 day gone. So far seems ok.

Super Mom

If there’s no vomiting or unusual change in behaviour, and she feeds and sleeps well, it should be ok. Don’t worry too much ❤️ I would also lower the cot to the lowest height if not already done. And you can put a thick playmat beside the cot as a precautionary measure

4y trước

Thanks for assuring. Already the lowest. Can’t help but feel worried.