Haircut for Mommy

I want to know if there is any belief or practice about mommy cutting her hair after giving birth...can mommy do it as soon as she is able to? or should she wait a couple of months? Also, can anyone recommend any haircut services that come to your house? thank you.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

my in law has a lot of pantang. in law family doesnt let me cut hair till few mths after give birth but my parents have to pantang. so do i. cutting hair is outside of ur womb not inside your womb. its just old folks tale that if u cut hair during pregnancy, u might accidentally cut baby which for me doesnt makes sense at all.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

The only thing I know is that it helps if you cut your hair when you give birth.. just in terms of lesser effort to manage it means more time for other self-care and time for baby. Shorter hair gives you fresher look too. So you can definitely give it a try. nothings bad especially if you dont believe in such superstition :)

Read more

for my case, i had a terrible hair loss after my delivery which brought my hair from waist length to shoulder length as i had to get them cut. havent tried home stylists. i went to the closest salon i found.

Thành viên VIP

Not cutting hair after giving birth is a traditional belief. If you don’t pantang, just go ahead

Thành viên VIP

Why not ? If dont pantang then should be ok la..