Facial treatments

Can I still go for facial treatments during first trimester?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Absolutely! Taking care of yourself during pregnancy is crucial, and it's natural to want to continue your skincare routine, including facials. However, during the first trimester, it's especially important to be cautious about the products and treatments you use. Certain facial treatments involve chemicals or procedures that may not be safe during pregnancy, especially in the delicate early stages. Some ingredients commonly found in facial products, like retinoids and salicylic acid, are best avoided during pregnancy as they may pose risks to the developing baby. Opt for gentle, pregnancy-safe facials during the first trimester. Look for treatments that use natural or organic products without harsh chemicals. Many spas offer pregnancy-specific facials tailored to address the skin changes that come with hormonal shifts during pregnancy. Also, communicate openly with your esthetician about your pregnancy. They can help customize your facial experience to ensure it's safe and comfortable for you and your baby. Remember to stay hydrated and follow a healthy skincare routine at home as well. For any specific concerns about your skin or if you're unsure about a particular treatment, it's always best to consult with your healthcare provider before proceeding. Enjoy pampering yourself during this special time, and remember that your health and the health of your baby come first! Mama's Choice $18 voucher 👉🏻 https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Yes. I still go for my regular facials every month and already in the third trimester now! Just avoid facial treatments with laser or radioactive or micro needling equipments. A basic facial would be good enough! Also let your beautician knows you are currently pregnant so they will be aware of it!

Normal facials should be fine, don’t too invasive kinds like micro-needling. Remember tell them you’re pregnant so no retinoids

Avoid micro needling and laser treatment. Can also inform your therapist you’re pregnant … just in case.