I want to try normal delivery with epidural but I just saw the epidural needle is very thick and long. This is my 1st pregnancy and I am already having mental breakdown due to contraction & labour pains. I had nightmares everynight and cannot sleep from 2am to 6am daily! So seeing this thick needle makes me even more stressed and scary now. I am really scared of pain extremely. How do they administer into the spinal or epidural space? Is it going to be very painful when they insert into the spine? Any anesthesia to numb the spine area prior insertion of the epidural needle?

49 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am scared of pain like extreme that kind. But on my labour day, I though I was going to s*** and having real bad stomachache. Until I feel that the pain make me uncomfortable and difficult to walk, then I realized I am having contractions. I am home alone that time, and I had to packed my bag while having contractions and call my hubby. Is like a real bad stomachache, (the biggest s*** of my life is coming out from my below kind of feeling. ) my hubby came home rushed me to hospital and nurse checked on me, I am already 10cm diluted, ready to give birth. they give me a gas to breath in and then tada tada... I can't feel much pain after the gas I breath in.

Read more