I am part of a mummy group on WA. And all the mummy do all day is talk about what new things they have bought or signed up their kids for. They talk about buying 2-3 breast pumps, high tea at various hotels, the best tula carriers to buy, sending their kids for swimming etc. I really feel my heart pain when I see what they can offer their kids and what I cannot. Any other mummy feel this way also?

53 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I do selective reading and only read those important information. I am a SAHM too where husband is the only main breadwinner; we led a simple life not because we can't afford, but we want to teach our children that our life can be very fulfilling without spending much money. My girl does not have lot of toys, and she is using all the hand me down clothes from her Cousin unlike her classmates. But I make sure she feel enough by handmade everything for her. Like bunny ear hair clips for Easter celebration, customise homemade cake and goodies bags for her school celebration etc. I don't care about how other live their life and seldom mix around for the sake of mixing around. I only care about empowering my girls that she does not need all the things that other is having to feel empowered. She is empowered because of what she believes in herself.

Read more