I am part of a mummy group on WA. And all the mummy do all day is talk about what new things they have bought or signed up their kids for. They talk about buying 2-3 breast pumps, high tea at various hotels, the best tula carriers to buy, sending their kids for swimming etc. I really feel my heart pain when I see what they can offer their kids and what I cannot. Any other mummy feel this way also?

53 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Please do not be affected by how competitive some parents are. Doesn't mean that you cannot afford the best most expensive things or classes for your child, it makes you a bad parent. Alot of us receive conflicting messages about whether or not to prioritize academics and other accomplishments or, instead, give our children free time, freedom, and free range to explore their environment. Always remember that the best you can do for your child is to give them unconditional love which most of us fail to do. Maybe the best you can do is to leave the group and find another that is able to bring out the positivity in you. ☺

Read more