I am part of a mummy group on WA. And all the mummy do all day is talk about what new things they have bought or signed up their kids for. They talk about buying 2-3 breast pumps, high tea at various hotels, the best tula carriers to buy, sending their kids for swimming etc. I really feel my heart pain when I see what they can offer their kids and what I cannot. Any other mummy feel this way also?

53 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

Seems similar to one that I've joined previously, was looking for mummies with children born in the same month for playdates and sharing info etc - but what they mostly talked about were jujube products, birthday parties (was around the time our LOs turned 1 so a lot of sharing for dessert tables, expensive parties etc was happening) and how they're going places with their families etc. It got toxic to me because I'm younger than most of them and these aren't things I care about/can afford - as a result, sometimes there would be conflict too so I found myself being happier after quitting the group. The same for friends who live more "luxuriously" (whether they are parents or not), I just found it easier for me to limit my contact with them! But don't get me wrong - I'm happy for them but it's just not the kind of life I'm interested in, so I left notes to explain why I'm leaving the group before I actually do :)

Read more