I m currently on 28 weeks. M really concern how much milk should I give to my baby from the beginning? How do I know when to increase? Is there any chart provided by the doc? Plz do share your experiences

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey, Initially for six months you are going to give breastmilk to your baby and in that case you would know how much milk to give to the baby as the baby will himself stop sucking milk or will stop latching once he is full. And if for some reason you will give him bottle feed then it is specified on the containers as how much milk one should make for the baby. Also, yes, you can ask your doctor also about the feeding. You can also go through this link to get a fair idea. https://www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-stages/baby/feeding-nutrition/Pages/Amount-and-Schedule-of-Formula-Feedings.aspx

Read more

For formula fed baby, it's 150ml per kg of baby's weight - that's the total amount baby shld drink. Some drink more some drink less at one go so u have to see ur own baby. If latching then it's by demand. If giving breast milk, then there is no real standard. As long as baby has enough wet diapers n s***

Read more

I was on bm, so i direct latch baby. Drank water, ate healthy and adequate rest to mantain my health and supply of milk. Naturally our bodies will produce enough milk to cater to babies needs.

If fm, u can try 10ml/per feed on the first few days subsequently u can feed on demand

Thành viên VIP

I found this in the internet,save it for after delivery, hope it'll be useful 😊

Post reply image