I look at other dads and I feel inadequate. I

I look at other dads and I feel inadequate. I lost my job 3 months ago, and my baby just came last month. We are depending on my wife's income right now. I hate being a stay at home dad, but what else can I do? Please suggest things I can do (while applying for jobs) to get my mind off the entrapment I feel.

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi. I am in a similar situation with you, with an exception: my kid is on the way. I gather you are doing everything to get a new job. Here is what you could do in the meanwhile. a) Keep your wife happy My wife is happy when I keep myself and the house organized. Be vigilant about what could upset her and take care of it. New mothers are under a lot physical and psychological stress and are prone to burnouts. Cook for her. It is a great stress-buster. throw in an occasional foot rub. The maturity of the relationship is when sensuous massages are replaced by sedative foot rubs! b) Keep the baby happy It would not be something out of ordinary. Take this time to bond with the kid. This opportunity will not arrive again. Enlist your mum's help if you can. c) Keep yourself employable Update your knowledge. Get an expert opinion on your CV and practice for interviews with fellow job seekers. Take up an inexpensive hobby. Home brewing is something interesting and rewarding! To sum it up, Keep the mom happy, keep the baby well fed and stay fit.

Read more