Switching career during the pandemic!

I left the entertainment industry right at the beginning of the pandemic. I was a professional singer since i was 17 and worked my way up to be an entertainment manager for 3 established night spots in Singapore. I quit the night industry 6 yrs ago (which paid extremely well) to spend more time with my son who was 8 then ( I have another boy now who is 4). I than became a General Manager (4yrs ) for a company that grooms aspiring entertainers. The pandemic hit us hard but i was a little lucky because i was already laying the foundation of my home-base business. The time was not right but push goes to shove, i had to give it a shot. 2 yrs in, running my own small business and being able to spend time with my kids and having quality time with my family anytime i want is absolutely a dream and a blessing. Though my earnings for now is just a fraction of what i use to make, I am still able to help contribute with the household expenses. With the support and understanding from my husband and children, i know anything is possible. Anyone going through a career change or is planning to? #learningfromexperience #sharingexperiences #familyandcareer #mommachosefamily

Switching career during the pandemic!
2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

Hi hun, don't stress too much. You just need to focus on being mentally and physically prepared for labour and after care for yourself and your little one. Have chats with hubs and let him know your concerns. Communication and understanding is the key. If you choose to do a business from home, firstly know your intentions on why you want to do it, then research on what you can and how to do it. Explore all possibilities and enjoy doing it. Choosing to stay home means your priority is ur self, your husband and kids. What you do to help contribute with expenses is a bonus. It's an absolutely life changing experience and a total change on life style too. ❤️

Read more

Im having my 1st child soon. Basically after maternity, i cnt work coz no one will be taking care of my baby.. infant care is quite exxx.. and my husband prefers me to take care of our baby rather than sending her to school.. idk how to help my spouse financially.. :(