Effects of mala

Hi i am husband of 22 weeks pregnant wife. Recently my wife kept craving for chong qing grilled fish but we read that the mala seed is containing some kind of toxins that is not good for the baby. But she couldn't resist temptation so we ended up eating it and her stomach doesn't feel good. She felt extremely guilty and keeps crying about it for days no matter how i tried to console her. Is there anything i can do as a husband? Or does anyone have any advice on the effects of mala to the baby?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

22 weeks is at 2nd trimester already, as long she don’t over eat it like everyday is fine.. like my case I love crabs and abalone so much and didn’t take it throughout e first trimester but once I reach 2nd trimester my gynae told me I can eat but in moderate.. by now I’m like eating every month.. 😆 As long e mummy is happy, e baby will also be happy! Baby can feels us! 😉

Read more

I ate mala before I knew I was pregnant and continue doing so throughout 2nd trimester w/o any issue. baby growing well and not affected at all. it may have been too spicy, which cause her tummy to feel uneasy. eating in moderation is fine. no need to feel guilty. do note taking spicy or oily food may also cause heartburn for some.

Read more

I forced my hub to bring me to HDL, mala steamboat when I'm pregnant. I went thrice and I believed the uncomfortable feeling is the spicy effect in her stomach. Just drink lots of water to wash it down and try to have a few mouthful to ease the craving instead of binge eat. My baby is now 6months old. =)

Read more

I feel it’s fine to eat so long as in moderation.. at least she has the appetite to eat.. initially Everything I ate went out and my hub was so grateful when I started eating and he said so long as I eat, anything goes.. being happy throughout the process is most important!

Actually you dont really have to worry about it cause when i am pregnant i also have carvings for mala so i just go eat and my husband's grandmother and my husband's mother told me that dont eat too much of the spicyness as your baby will taste it something like that

coming from a mala eater during pregnant. actually eat one time is ok. So dont need worry. I also crave for mala then i regret it because of heatburn and all then i stop.

tell her that her constant crying will affect the baby too so just suck it up and stop crying. whats done is done and mala is not poison.

Is perfectly fine to have mala. I ate mala and other spicy food during pregnancy

Influencer của TAP

yup, eat in moderation. as long as you don't over indulge, it's fine.

Thành viên VIP

she is going to have one extra companion (baby) for mala in the future

3y trước

I like this 😂