KKH doesnt do scanning after 4th month?

Hi. I heard that KKH doesnt do ultrasound scans frequently and will stop offering ultrasound scans after 4th month in pregnancy. Is it true?? Im under subsidized rates. Many thanks

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Definitely not true. I think all hospitals even the subsidized ones are supposed to provide ultrasound scans readily available as they have the facilities. You can enquire on this with their staffs if you're unsure but if you're going for subsidized hospitals, I'd highly recommend SGH or NUH. KKH has a known reputation for shitty customer service lol but it depends. Entirely up to you :)

Read more
5y trước

I was thinking of NUH too! Have u had any experiences there?

It depends on ur pregnancy. If its high risk or u are having twins, they will ask u to come for more ultrasounds appt. If ur pregnancy is normal, u will only have 3 u/s throughout ur whole pregnancy. As for me, they schedule for a u/s appt at 29weeks because at 21weeks they told me that my placenta is very low. Hence, another u/s to see whtr my placenta still lay low or not. 😊

Read more

Hi.. i am under subsidised at kkh and they will do ultrasound scan, perhaps not at every appt. For me, the second appt at 15 weeks didnt include ultrasound, but only using the doppler to listen to baby's heart rate. There will be the ultrasondscan for my next appt (19 weeks) to know baby's gender after 4th month as it will be more accurate only by then.

Read more
5y trước

Thank u!!!

Not true. I am currently 29 weeks and also under subsidy at kkh. Doc did ultrasound at ard 5 weeks, 10 weeks, end of 12 weeks (i opt for oscar n harmony test), 16 weeks, 20 weeks (detailed scan), 24 weeks (no ultrasound, doppler to check heartbeat) and 28 weeks.

Thành viên VIP

At 4th months there is no scan .. at 5th months there will be detailed scan.. at 6th months, no scan but got blood test to test ur glucose level.. at 7th month then have another scan.. im currently under kkh subsidise too..

They have scheduled scans. One at the second trimester. Then one at 28 weeks and then 34 weeks. Other times, just listen to baby's heartbeat. Im under subsidized too.

5y trước

I dont think so because we are under subsidized. Unless u feel uncomfortable about lesser baby movements or if you are unwell and want to see if baby is doing fine, u can request

Thành viên VIP

mostly they alternate, if scan already, next time hear heartbeat

scans are & should only be done when necessary

Thành viên VIP

certain appt no ultrasound