LMP at 7wks but ultrasound at 5wk2d??

I had a myomectomy done in Jan2024 for 1 fibroid, others still remaining, so my cycle is a bit off now moving from 30, 32 days. Had my first scan today but they had issues finding anything at all. Had blood test and showed by hcg levels at 5000. So had scan done with o&g and they found a tiny sac at 0.45cm and dated 5wk2d, but according to my lmp should be 7wks. I'm freaking out. is this because it's not growing as expected? Or is it coz my cycle is off? But that's such a big diff from 7wks to 5wks.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! It sounds like you're going through a bit of a stressful time, but try not to freak out too much. It's totally understandable to feel worried, but there could be a few reasons for the difference in the ultrasound measurements and your LMP. Firstly, if you had a myomectomy in January 2024, it's possible that your cycle is a bit irregular due to the procedure and the remaining fibroids. This could definitely affect the dating of your pregnancy, so that might be one reason for the difference in measurements. Additionally, every pregnancy is different, and it's not uncommon for there to be some variation in the size of the sac and the dating based on your LMP. The important thing is that they were able to find a tiny sac and were able to date it, so that's a good sign! I would recommend discussing these concerns with your obstetrician and gynecologist to get more clarity on the situation. They will be able to provide you with the best guidance and support during this time. Hang in there, mama! Take deep breaths and try to stay positive. Everything will work out in the end. Sending you lots of love and positive vibes during this time! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Same situation as me. Due to irregular period and late ovulation. Doc say if late by 2 weeks still normal. Mine also if based on lmp supposed to be 7 weeks but i was only 4-5w. No fetal pole spotted also. Need to wait another 2 weeks to scan to see something. Baby now healthy 8 months old.

3t trước

thanks for sharing!! makes me feel better a bit :)

No no don’t think it’s because not growing as expected. Is your cycle should be never calculate correctly, don’t worry you can go back again to check :) I was supposed to be 6 weeks from LMP but I was way off, only 4 weeks.

I was 9wks from LMP, and when i went in for a scan, it shows 5wks+ only. Baby is healthy and im now going into my 24th wk. Probably the cycle is off and late ovulation.

normal...don't follow your lmp. not always accurate