Brown discharge at 6 weeks

Hi, I had conceived through IVF and had an ultrasound the past Tuesday and saw the embryo's heartbeat. I'm somewhere at week 5 going on week 6. What has been concerning was that I've been having brown discharge almost daily, sometimes when I do big business, and sometimes a trickle spotted on my panty liner. I've read up on this, and it seems like if it doesn't turn red, it's still normal. I don't have cramps either. But this morning, the amount I saw on my liner was of a larger amount than usual and that startled me. I'm afraid if this is an early sign of miscarriage... I'm going to try and get an earlier appointment to go in for ultrasound again, but in the meantime, can't help overthinking. Has anyone had similar experience before? #advicepls #firsttimemom

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I conceived through IUI. And I had brown discharge at week 5-6 too. Went to kkh urgent o&g and they checked my cervix opening but luckily everything was normal. Doctor put me on duphaston 3x a day but other than that nothing more. I was also put on bed rest MC by gynae. So my suggestion is to reduce walking and standing too much. If you’re really concerned with the amount/ color (if changes to red) then don’t wait and go get it checked out straightaway to be safe because we really tried hard to conceive. My entire check + consultation at kkh urgent o&g came up to less than $150. At 28 weeks today and baby is doing well. The discharge also stopped around mid-end week 6 for me and never came back. So pls try to be abit more careful.

Read more
11mo trước

Super glad you got it checked! Try to rest in bed and not move about too much. My progesterone was also upped to 3x (initially only taking 2x a day from my IUI treatment). I realized my spotting gets worse when I’m out and about walking. So I stopped going out for awhile and only rested at home for 2 weeks or so. Eventually the spotting went away and never came back. Hope your spotting have stopped by now.