Brown discharge at 6 weeks

Hi, I had conceived through IVF and had an ultrasound the past Tuesday and saw the embryo's heartbeat. I'm somewhere at week 5 going on week 6. What has been concerning was that I've been having brown discharge almost daily, sometimes when I do big business, and sometimes a trickle spotted on my panty liner. I've read up on this, and it seems like if it doesn't turn red, it's still normal. I don't have cramps either. But this morning, the amount I saw on my liner was of a larger amount than usual and that startled me. I'm afraid if this is an early sign of miscarriage... I'm going to try and get an earlier appointment to go in for ultrasound again, but in the meantime, can't help overthinking. Has anyone had similar experience before? #advicepls #firsttimemom

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had similar symptoms at w5/6 too, went to KKH urgent o&g even though I didn’t have other pains cos was concerned being my first pregnancy… they only prescribed duphaston which you’re on. Mine wasn’t considered normal, it was a hematoma diagnosed by my gynae (not detected at KKH😅) so I had a shot too and actually mostly just had to rest. So minimize walking and standing for now :) it cleared up in 2 weeks. Hopefully yours is just old blood but just rest more in the meantime! Hope everything goes smoothly for you!!

Read more
11mo trước

thanks for your advice! Will see if I can go urgent O&G just to seek reassurance.. it's kinda worrying