Brown discharge at 6 weeks

Hi, I had conceived through IVF and had an ultrasound the past Tuesday and saw the embryo's heartbeat. I'm somewhere at week 5 going on week 6. What has been concerning was that I've been having brown discharge almost daily, sometimes when I do big business, and sometimes a trickle spotted on my panty liner. I've read up on this, and it seems like if it doesn't turn red, it's still normal. I don't have cramps either. But this morning, the amount I saw on my liner was of a larger amount than usual and that startled me. I'm afraid if this is an early sign of miscarriage... I'm going to try and get an earlier appointment to go in for ultrasound again, but in the meantime, can't help overthinking. Has anyone had similar experience before? #advicepls #firsttimemom

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, Brown discharge is normal in early pregnancy. I had it around 6 to 7 weeks but I immediately updated my gynae and she prescribed Dhuphaston after which the discharge stopped. Mostly brown discharge is because of the old blood that starts coming out but please consult your gynae asap so that they can take necessary action to help you with healthy pregnancy. Hope this helps mama! Stay strong and be positive. All will be well :)

Read more
11mo trước

thanks for sharing on your experience! I do hope mine's the case too.. but yes, will consult the hospital as I'm already taking duphaston 🥺