Brown discharge at 6 weeks

Hi, I had conceived through IVF and had an ultrasound the past Tuesday and saw the embryo's heartbeat. I'm somewhere at week 5 going on week 6. What has been concerning was that I've been having brown discharge almost daily, sometimes when I do big business, and sometimes a trickle spotted on my panty liner. I've read up on this, and it seems like if it doesn't turn red, it's still normal. I don't have cramps either. But this morning, the amount I saw on my liner was of a larger amount than usual and that startled me. I'm afraid if this is an early sign of miscarriage... I'm going to try and get an earlier appointment to go in for ultrasound again, but in the meantime, can't help overthinking. Has anyone had similar experience before? #advicepls #firsttimemom

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I also had brown discharge in 1st & 2nd trim but mine was only a one time thing and baby is fine. I would honestly still advise to go to any private gynae or hospital a&e if it prolongs. Atleast they can prescribe you duphaston to strengthen the womb. Normal for one person can be not normal for another.

Read more
11mo trước

thanks for your advice! yes, I'll try to get kkh's EPAU to see me tomorrow. hesitant to go into urgent O&G cos other than the discharge, I don't have any pains, and they attend more to acute issues. I'm already on progesterone (duphaston) twice a day cos that's what they prescribe all ivf conception.. just really hope I can get their attention tomorrow for an assessment, but thanks for assuring