Which weeks in pregnancy to visit gynae?

Hello! As I am going through this pregnancy alone, I would like to be able to save as much as I can, visit as little as possible, and only visit for those important weeks needed because I am a single mother. This is my first pregnancy and I would like to know when is the weeks I need to take note to go visit the gynae. I visited when I was 7 weeks pregnant. I am currently 11 weeks nearly 12 weeks. Please advice and tell me the important weeks I should visit the gynae. Thank you!

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I just delivered my baby and had my pregnancy examination in KKH. According my experience, some weeks are quite simple but these all depend on how healthy you and your baby are. I.E. week 16 is not necessary to me as the doctor just read the report to me, saying everything is normal. I aftermath thought it is unnecessary to wait like 1hour and just listen to the doctor for less than 5 minutes. The 3rd trimester is somewhat important even though seeing the doctor is also simple, no major examination But just listening to baby's heartbeat and checking baby's head size. Here is my suggestion: try to get every report after AMC check. Look after all parameters of the report to understand you and your baby's health condition, which I think in some cases you can skip seeing doctor consultation. Week 20, 24 are very important, please don't miss them.

Read more