Vitamin issues :(

Hi, I am giving birth in 11 weeks and truthfully, I have not taken any vitamins- mainly because of how big it is and how I can’t swallow it. So far, I’ve only managed to maintain follic acid and vitamin d. But I’m starting to get worried since people have been telling me my stomach is really small as compared to people who are 4/5 months in. Any suggestions on what other vitamins I could take? Or any other options for my baby to look big? #1stimemom #firstbaby #pregnancy #bantusharing #1st_pregnancy

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello! I have problem swallowing/ eating/ biting big pills. What I did was I have been eating Smartypants prenatal gummy bears, folic acid, maltofer iron syrup and enfamama chocolate maternal milk since first trimester. I am now 35 wks pregnant and both baby and myself are doing well with no other complications. Last tues I went for checkup and baby is abt 2.1kg cus of my diet as well. I feel really uncomfortable when I ate too much like my whole tummy is stretched and I can’t sit well like something bunging between my chest and tummy. 🥲 Before pregnancy I was 46kg and now I am weighing 54kg w baby. And yes my baby is only 2.1kg as of last tues but what matters most is both of us are healthy and she is already at head down position. Guess I’ll be seeing her soon! 😊 Hope the above helps and jiayous soon to be mummy! 🙆🏻‍♀️

Read more
2y trước

Haha sounds better than the large pills that make me gag! Thanks for sharing!

I think so long as your gynae did not raise any concern regarding this and that your check up and scans shows that baby is well and growing, you shouldn’t be too worried about it. During my scan, my gynae did raise to me that my baby’s weight is kind of below average in my 3rd trimester, then proceed to gave me a jab to ensure my baby’s organ is well developed. Every individual mummy’s bump is different, so long as gynae assure that everything is on track, just relax and enjoy your pregnancy. If you are still concerned about the vitamin intake, you could bring this up to your gynae and see if your gynae has alternative supplements that is in liquid form or in smaller size that you are able to swallow.

Read more

I saw somewhere that 1st pregnancy tends to be smaller as it did not expand before, second pregnancy will show more obvious. This is my first pregnancy as well and I am currently 8 months.. My next door colleague just found out that I’m pregnant like 1 week ago and was shock when I said I’m giving birth next month. Don’t be too bothered by your bump size / weight as long as your gynae says baby is growing well. As for your vitamins, if it’s not liquid capsule, try cutting it into smaller pieces so that you can swallow easier :)

Read more

It doesn’t matter if your tummy big or small it has nothing to do with vitamin.. I took about total 8 vitamin pills a day but people only can tell I am pregnant till when I was at 9 months! 😅 If u can’t swallow, let your gynae know.. I do heard from my friend see e same dr same me who also experiencing e same as u and dr tried gv her smaller type of vitamins.. Although not all might hv small pill but never try ask never know 😉

Read more

Actually stomach small is not the problem/issue .. because my first pregnancy, nobody can see that i am pregnant most of them thought that i eat too full only until I finally give birth then everybody was like ok , i am really pregnant . So there’s nothing for you to worry about .. as long as your scanning and etc is all ok , then you shouldn’t be worried about it anymore .. don’t stress yourselves for it alright ?

Read more
Thành viên VIP

There are gummies vitamin out there. For my second preg, I am taking in gummy vitamins, as it doesn’t trigger nauseous. Anyway stomach size doesn’t mean baby is small. When you go for scan, the gynae will tell you if your baby is growing well or you will need to eat more for baby to absorb more to grow etc.

Read more

calcium and iron is what the gyne has prescribe to me and also fish oil..these are taken during my 2nd trimester. I think calcium is very impt cause even after I give birth I felt my bones are not as strong as before and it's also impt for baby bones development although I hate taking them.

You can take those gummies. If not use a pill cutter or dissolve the fish oil in hot water. For me I finally found a method to swallow pills after 27 years of living 😕 I bite the pill into smaller pieces and then it gets easy to swallow.