Anyone facing the same issue as me

I am currently pregnant at 30 weeks. All housework I still have to do. My husband is busy working and he always have night meeting till very late and have to help me. My husband brother not working always don't help cleaning up after eating or just leave it on the table and waiting for me to help him to wash and throw all the stuff. I am very tired of it already. This is not the first time already. MIL also doing the same things helping his sons to talk say his son is very busy always and rushing for his stuff. Make me do all the house stuff and carry heavy stuff sometimes and also help them to buy things.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Dont do it! This is so unfair! Just leave it pile up. See if they don't do the clean up and you dont do, who will do it. Im now 33 weeks and Im telling u its gonna be too tiring for your body to keep doing this unneccessary nonsense. And dont carry heavy stuff!! Im now grounded by my gynae and having bed rest cz I worked to much, walked too much, and sometimes carry heavy stuff. So pls watch it! PS. Now im also staying with my hubs family as our hdb is now still under reno. I avoid all activies that make me feel awkward or stress my mind and body. I really can stay inside my room for the whole day only go out for toilet if that keeps my mind at peace. My child is more important and what they think about my manner. I just dont wanna feel stress cz it really can pass through ur baby.

Read more

Speak up. It’s human rights anyway. And u have every right to SPEAK UP. I understand that u are very kind in helping however they have to understand that u are expecting a baby and it’s very tiring. Speak and talk to them nicely. After all they are still your family. I wish u all the best dear! Have courage and be kind, always. No matter how others treat u. But u have to stand firm to your ground. 🌈✨♥️

Read more

Currently I am unable to move out at the moment. My new house not ready yet. My husband got consider of looking for a part time helper to help. But MIL don't want. Now only my husband is the one working. My husband told me in advance already after give birth. Our baby we need to take care ourselves. MIL not helping.

Read more
4y trước

Your MIL dont want, but you want and need. It doesnt matter whthr she wants or not. But you need a room for your helper so that shes comfortable. I dont think it's safe to let her sleep in the living room.

Pls, pls, PLEASE, stop clearing after your BIL. Just stop. Youre auto-tuning his useless brain that you'll help cleanup aft him. Just leave whatever he left and let it pile up. Let that knock his senses. I think it's best to move out, but i think it's not convenient for you now that you're 30 weeks.

Busy is an excuse. Your brother-in-law is simply lazy and taking advantage. You may want to consider to engage a domestic helper or move out if possible. Hope they don't expect you to do the same especially after you give birth. Take care.

Thank you everyone for giving me advise and concern for me. I will take good care of myself and for my baby. I will stay in my room and rest more. Thank you.

U need to be selfish. I regretted accommodating my in law. Childbirth is stressful and taking care of baby after childbirth is even more stressful.

dont clear up. just let it pile up. anyway its not your house, so don't bother clearing after them.