don't get along with my fiancé's younger brother - just need someone to rant to 💀

My fiancé's younger brother is 20 y/o he's very much a spoiled brat, rude and lazy asf. His mother and my fiancé expect me to baby his brother when i told my fiancé his brother is 20 y/o and is well-abled. Why I said he's spoiled brat, rude and lazy? here's one of a few key things (there's more lol): - 1) Doesn't work part time to contribute to the family, excuse: "because i'm still studying". this is just a useless excuse, my fiancé started working when he was 14 y/o whilst still studying (full-time) 2) I hide my snack/instant noodles in the room because he's been taking my stuff without asking for permission or letting me know. BUTTTT, he still went ahead to the room and took my instant noodles 😇🙂, when called out, he's pathetic reason "i have nothing to eat obviously i take la" in rude arrogant manner and unapologetic (obviously never even apologise for it). I told him this instant noodle was not sold in SG yet as it just recently released (obviously 1 packet of instant noodles cost close to $5 lol there's a surge in price because it just got released 😞) and he was also so rude and arrogant saying that i'm staying at HIS MUM'S HOUSE and all my stuff is "their property" 😮‍💨 and nope his mother did not ask her son to apologise (he's her fav child 🫨) 3) He always cook, use the plates, etc and never wash up and my fiancé expect me to wash up his dishes as well 🥱 I told him no he is well-abled to wash up on his own (imagine i haven't even married into his family and he's already expecting me to baby his 20 Y/O BROTHER) — i'm currently 26 wks pregnant, taking care of my son, full-time working and also part-time studying for my diploma 🤐 4) He is soo lazy that he can't even buy his own food right below the block there's a kopitiam 👺 he's mom asked me to collect food for her son (my fiancé younger brother) ☠️ I already told my fiancé firmly that I will not take care of his younger brother 😵‍💫 I told him i'm the only child and I did not even do housework back in my home yet you're expecting me to take care of your younger brother?! I have absolutely no complaints in doing housework as I know I need to contribute to the household but I told my fiancé that I WILL ONLY CONTRIBUTE FOR MY PART (my son, fiancé and me). Nothing else. I just hope I could quickly move-out of this house as I know there will be more issues arising after this happened.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Just my POV. 1) For this, personally I feel cannot compare. Some people are more independent and started working early while some only start late. I’m not siding his brother, just that I have 6 siblings so I understand this point. There’s a saying “人比人气死人“. But no doubt, reading on he is indeed a waste of space brat la. 2) I would do it back to him, if his mother has any complaints, ask her to buy for her son again lor. Her son, her responsibity. You already helped her take over her older son’s responsibility alr still expect buy 1 free 1. Technically your husband and you are considered another family, but if he say because you’re staying at their house, everything is their property, then it should be vice versa. Your husband’s family stuffs is also your stuffs 😇. 3) My husband’s older bro does this as well, wash a few times ok close eye. Imagine one coffee cup leave there for 5-6 days then accumulating so many ants, I’m not gonna touch that wtf. Subsequently I just leave it there, his mother can help wash if she finds it eyesore, ITS THEIR HOUSE WHAT. For this I would have told my husband off if he asked me to wash and he can be prepared to wash his(husband) own dishes from then on. 4) Come up with 101 excuses to not collect the food, even food delivery also got comms. Nothing is free, including my service. Respect works both ways, so if no one is respecting my privacy and efforts, then I won’t continue.

Read more

WA , this .. abit too much. I agree with you that he is able bodied an he should be doing those basic things himself at 20yo. You being pregnant now sometimes cannot stand for long let alone wash dishes at the sink (I know how that feels I’m currently 25 weeks) Also I don’t see a need to do the things like collect food for him (unless you also just nice collecting yours) or washing his dishes for him cause this will just become “your responsibility “ in time to come. For me , such cases I’ll just decide what I want and don’t want to do. If Idw to do it forever or let that become my responsibility, I won’t start helping in the first place. Also it’s rude to take other’s things and not ask for permission. If his family wants to spoil him I suggest letting them take over his half finished work. I don’t see why is this your responsibility tho. But it hasn’t been easy for you, hope your house comes soon and you take good care ya mummy ! 😉

Read more