I am currently in my third trimester and my both index finger feel painful. I did not injure my finger but both my index finger feel painful when I bend it. Anyone experience this?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi this is a normal symptom of pregnancy . It is probably carpal tunnel syndrome whereby the tissues in your hand swells up due to excess fluids and this swelling squeezed the carpal tunnel and puts pressure on the nerve. The carpal tunnel is a passage that runs from your wrist to the lower Palm. Bending the fingers forward will make the pain worse. You can try moving or shaking you hands to see if the pain goes away. If it gets so bad you may want to see your Gynae and see if she recommends a therapist for you . You may need a wear a wrist guard

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-17130)

Yes..in fact all my fingers feel pain..i think cuz of the water retention...my fingers looks like a sausage now...

Unfortunately, this is normal. It really hurts right.. but it will go off after 3 months postpartum (at least for me it did)

Thành viên VIP

Me too.. all my fingers hurt especially right after waking up.. need to massage them a little to feel better..

Super Mom

It’s due to water retention. Drink more water to combat it and wear wrist guard.

Thành viên VIP

Normal but if too pain, do seek doctor help.

Thành viên VIP

yes normal