Forced to take booster jab

Hi All, I am currently in my first trimester and was given a medical ineligibility memo to take my booster jab after first trim (early March 22) as I am on heavy preg support medications due to spotting earlier on. my HR not only did not recognise the Dr's memo, they issued me no pay leave w.e.f 14 Feb 22 until I take my booster jab. So essentially if I choose to take in third trim or after I deliver, I will be on no pay leave for almost a year. Is anyone else experiencing this difficult decision? having no pay leave means I am unable to pay for hdb house loan and first born's school fees. Do you think MOM will step in or will the efforts be futile? I am in an admin position so wfh definitely workable since I have been doing that since 2021.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, i’m sorry you’re in this difficult position. I was on some medications to support my pregnancy during first Trim because I also had some spotting that lasted for more than a week (and a history of reccurent miscarriage) but my doctor recommended me to take the booster jab as soon as I could. So i had my booster shot when I was 10w4d and was still on medications. The side effect was very mild, I only had a slight headache a day after the jab. Now i’m 15w4d and so far the baby is fine 🙏🏻✨ . I’m glad that i’ve been boosted, it makes me worry less about going out and meeting people. Just wanted to share my experience :)

Read more
3y trước

Thanks for sharing! I also had a MC before so I'm really really really afraid to take the booster.. you are so brave! Thanks for sharing your story, I will keep it in mind! :)

I'm a HR and my company is adopting the same practice as it's a company wide directive issued by management. in your case I will advise for u to speak to your HOD or superior and asked if they can help to approach management to review your case. such reviews are usually case by case basis

3y trước

Thank you so much for the feedback, please do comment here if you have any new changes in the hospital policy perhaps I could check in with my HR :) Thank you so much!

I’d definitely appeal to hr and suggest for this case to be escalated to MOM for input, because this seems to be employer shirking responsibility of their obligation to pay you for your maternity leave

3y trước

yes will definitely look for MOM if they do not give me my paid maternity leave ! as long as I've worked there for more than 3 months I'm eligible :) thanks for sharing!

Super Mom

I’ve never been in such a position but if I were you I’d definitely speak to someone from MOM

3y trước

I wish but I was informed a few days back by my superior that in my workplace, the higher management really do not like subordinates jumping the gun.. let me try talking to my HOD :)

I have yet to take booster but my company did not say anything yet though

3y trước

that's nice:) I do know of some private companies (that my friends worked in) do not impose on the booster :)