Small gestational sac, slow hcg

Hi all I am 6 wks 3 day preg today. My hcg levels were rising but not doubling previously. I did a scan at wk 5 and doc mention could see gestational sac but were smaller than expected. Another scan at wk 6 saw gestational sac(6mm) + yolk. The gestational sac measures 5wk 2 day old even though it was 6wk. Doc still say my gestational sac is too small. And is pessimistic about the situation saying I have less than 50 percent chance for a viable pregnancy. May I know if anyone has similar situation in the past with a sucessful pregnancy? Or anyone similar situation resulted in miscarriage? #pleasehelp #firstbaby #1stimemom #ivf #ivfquestions #advicepls #ivf #gestationalsac

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi i am in a similar situation as you. i just did my first scan and I was supposed to be measuring week 6 day 4 but my gestational sac measured only week 5 day 3. There was no yolk sac and heartbeat. Mine is a ivf case and the estimated date of week 6 should be very accurate and my doc said that I am measuring behind and advised that the pregnancy may not be viable. My betas were 169 and 1410 at 12dp5dt and 19dp5dt respectively and were low as per the doc. I am supposed to return for another scan next week. just wondering how did yours turned out if you don't mind sharing?

Read more