Early pregnancy cramps

Hi, I am 4 weeks now and I have lower abdominal pain on my left side only. Should I be worried if it is ectopic ? Or it is normal to have pain in one side only.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

same! I've had cramps on my left side between 4 to 6 weeks and was worried that it could be ectopic pregnancy. End up all was okay.. but during thefirst scan, my gynae did notice a small cyst on my left ovary, not sure if that was the cause but he mentioned that it wasn't a cause for concern. I'm now 14 weeks pregnant and sometimes I still have mild cramps but not so much specifically on my left. If you're worried, you can go in for a scan to find out. Take care!!!!

Read more

Hello, I had pain on both left and right side before and was also worried about ectopic pregnancy. But my scans so far has been ok. I am in week 10, and still occasionally have pain on left or right abdomen. You might actually be fine if it’s not severe pain. Do get a gynae appt soon for a ease of mind.. ❤️

Read more

First trimester, 1 of the symptoms is cramp.. usually making space for baby to start gowing