potty training before 1 year

My husband gets really annoyed when he sees our child wetting the bed or when I ask him to help change our child's diaper. Our child is only 11 months old. Isn't that normal? Because of how annoyed he is, he's now often trying to teach our child to pee in the toilet. He holds him like that. I don't like seeing it... like... why can't you just accept that our child is still a baby and isn't at the stage where he can signal when he needs to pee yet? Is it safe to do potty training at that age?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s good to start potty training early, but he has to do it positively. If he punishes or scolds your baby and your baby cries or melts down while he tries to “train” him, your baby will relate potty as a negative experience and will eventually reject the potty. My baby is 9 months old and we just let her sit on the potty whenever we see her trying to poop, and it works! We don’t give her additional pressure to poop/pee on demand. Every poop in the potty is a win for us and we clap when she successfully poops in the potty haha. Pee might be more difficult to catch. Actually, babies can be taught hand signals, and they can learn to signal when they need to poop. or if you’re observant enough, you can catch your baby’s own signal for wanting to poop, like they may make a certain sound. That’s how we catch our baby’s signal and then put her on the potty. If you don’t like seeing your husband potty training your baby, ask yourself why. Is it because he’s being too too harsh and punishes your baby, and your baby cries? Maybe you can suggest finding better ways to potty train together with him. There’s no strict timing to potty train. There are even younger babies starting at just one month old, then there are toddlers still not toilet trained at 3 years. It’s a thing that you have to face now or later.. so, you guys need to talk calmly about it and come to a consensus.

Read more

My confinement nanny shared that she was caring for babies in Australia and their parents potty trained them at 6 months old. She gets them to sit at the toilet every morning. I guess anything is possible but just more effort is needed to do it as your child may not able to do navigate their way to the toilet yet so you’ll have to guide them.

Read more
Influencer của TAP

i honestly started potty training ard 3yos... in any case, hope this article helps https://sg.theasianparent.com/how-to-get-your-child-to-stop-using-diapers

If he insist, let him be then (great that he got involved in) get a small potty for the child.

Is the diaper too small? Maybe it’s time to upsize.

havent started potty yet twins are 2y now

2mo trước

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻✊🏻✊🏻