Get over the past

Husband cheated 8 years ago. Till this day there will be days where whatever he does or say will remind me of the past and i will start getting flashbacks. I gave him another chance and he is doing well. I just haven’t been able to forget about it. How do i stop this? How do i move past this? :(

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Assurance. He doesn’t give you enough assurance even tho he is well behaved now. I’ve been with a cheater (thankfully ex bf) and even when he changed, I realized the fear of getting cheated on again did not go away. It’s because he didn’t give me enough assurance, I have to constantly think where is he, is he cheating on me bla bla and honestly it’s not healthy at all. My husband on the other hand, even if he tell me he is with a bunch of female colleagues, I don’t fear a single thing. I’m not worried that he will cheat or do hanky panky. I’m not sure how to explain this feeling, but yeah. I’m not asking you to leave your husband and I am in no position to. My POV is that, the thorn is already there and it will forever be tainted in this marriage. If someone can cheat on you, they simply don’t love you enough. There’s a saying… a leopard will never change its spot. Just like my sister, she cheated 12 years ago on her husband, and did the same 12 years later. Unfortunately, the only way to get past this, is to fully put down, come to an agreement with yourself.

Read more

Ptsd. Things that my husband did in the past still haunt me and made me who i am today, an overthinker. Always overthink and think bad about him. Im also not sure if theres a solution for it.