How much and how frequently should one walk during the third trimester?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I walked more during my 2nd trimester. When I am in my third trimester now, I feel breathless easily and whenever I walk too much I will have cramps and need to bedrest for few hours to ease the pain. For my first 2 pregnancies I definitely walked a lot during 3rd trimester as I was still working that time. I feel my age and body is catching up and unable to cope with walking too much. Thus, I try to reduce walking for this pregnancy. As long as you feel comfortable, you can walk as much as you want but do remember to have a short break in between in order not to overtire yourself.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

When I was in my third trimester, I frequently walked around my office as much as possible and I brisk walked a lot. Even with a large belly, I wasn't one to waddle and would walk so quickly that others told me to slow down. I suppose it helped a lot because my labour was a very quick one, about 4 hours in between entering the delivery suite to the birth of my baby. I would say as much as you can possibly manage at a comfortable pace.

Read more

I would say as long as you feel comfortable since everybody is different. However, my doctor recommend 30 mins walk a day everyday for my condition as it helps reduce my blood sugar level. I’m on week 29 now and I still prefer walking than sitting still.

As with what Jamie suggested, as frequently as you comfortably could. Walking could potentially help ease any lower backaches that you may experience during this stage of the pregnancy. It will help improve blood circulation and is a good form of exercise.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-3842)

Influencer của TAP

I had my nightly walk around our condo grounds. Just walk whenever you can but don’t push yourself. Either stop or take a rest when you feel tired.

i try to maintain min 30mins slow walk per day with staircase exercise. split each of it to 10mins each if feel breathless.

Thành viên VIP

I just walk whenever i can. As i'm constantly chasing after my two kid so i can say i'm always walking around

It's only a question what should l pack for the hospital bag

As much as you can! I climb the stairs