How many maternity pad or kotex overnight panties do you all change after delivery in a single day?

How many maternity pad or kotex overnight panties do you all change after delivery in a single day? Is it to change every 4h ? Does the bleeding last very long ? Thinking how many overnight panties to buy...

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I bought maternity pads. But ended up hating them. Because they’re too thick and uncomfortable. I switched to normal pads and felt a lot more comfortable. For me, even if the bleeding is minimal (near the end of bleeding) I will still change every 4hrs. Impt to keep hygiene up to prevent wound infection. My bleeding lasted for 5weeks. Everyone is different. But you can get postpartum massage to help “push” all the dirty blood out. You can also ask your gynae to help you clear blood out as much as possible during delivery.

Read more

I stocked up even for my normal periods. It feels more “comfortable” than to wear pads on panty. Don’t have to worry if it leaked or constantly have to ask someone to look at my butt. Most importantly, it doesn’t “run”! 😅 After delivery, I changed as long as it felt full. As everyone’s flow is different, just change when you feel like it. Mine lasted for 2 months. On average, 3-4 pieces per day.

Read more

Honestly can't remember how many times I change throughout the day. It's a heavy heavy bleeding for me. I use pureen maternity pads with disposable panties. Also cooling maternity pads helped me too. I had vaginal delivery and needs to be stitched. The cooling pad helps relieve the soreness. My bleeding completely stop about 7 weeks after giving birth.

Read more

I used Kotex overnight panties for night only(quite comfy for me) day time any heavy flow pads will do. Bleeding will be different for everyone but i had heavy flow for about a week and followed by light flow and spotting for another week or two. Do change often based on your flow. I wouldn’t recommend more than 8 hours if not less.

Read more

I used the pull-up pants for the first few days because my bleeding was a lot. Afterwards, I used the kotex wings overnight kind. Change every 3-4 hours. Don't use the same one for too long. My bleeding actually lasts for 5-6weeks. I didn't use the maternity pads given by the hospital because I hate using non wings type haha

Read more

I bought kotex over panties, and pull up pants.. I would say change as frequent as you feel comfortable as there's wound so best to keep it clean.. And can buy perineal cold pad for the first few days very soothing for the wound area.

I bought the sofy pull up pants.. its thin and comfortable, most importantly I don't have to change pad or worry it leaked on my panty. it's 2in1.. for bleeding mine lasted for about 1month plus.

Influencer của TAP

I had heavy bleeding for the first 1-2 weeks after which it reduced but not completely gone till about a month.