How many hours of nap does your 5 month old baby needs? My baby sleeps 12 hrs at night, but during the day, he only naps like 2 - 3 hrs. Is it enough and is it normal?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sounds better than mine! She sleeps about 10 hours at night (but she wakes up every 2 hours). As long as baby is not fussy and cranky should be enough. As for naps it really depends. Sometimes she has 3 naps of about 20 mins each. Sometimes 2 naps of 1 hour each but rare. And when she feels like it she can have 2 short naps and 1 super long 3 hr nap. I would say she chooses to sleep less when she knows I've a deadline to meet. Haha. She will tend to sleep longer if I nap with her or just sit beside her doing my stuff. It will also help if I have the air con on and curtains drawn. What an extravagant lifestyle! :)

Read more
Post reply image
4y trước

Hi Stephanie, May I ask you how many months is your daughter, because my LO is same as yours, she is 5 months olds and she sleeps not much . Does your princess getting any better with her sleep? I hope she is.

For infants in general, the total number of sleep they need to have in a day is 20 hours on the average. It decreases as they increase their age. You may refer to the chart posted by Stephanie. No need worry whether it's a long sleep or a nap as long as they complete their sleeping hours, that should be fine.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Yes, it is normal according to this article. They sleep around 11 hours a night with 2 nap times. http://sg.theasianparent.com/baby-sleep-how-much-sleep-does-your-infant-need/

Read more
Post reply image

Hi Brooke I think your little one is doing good :) In fact mine had trouble sleeping and i was always worried they were sleeping way less than was required.

Yes 2 to 3 hours nap is normal. Sometimes baby will have short naps in daytime and when they are ready they will consolidate their naps into 1 or 2 times.

It varies for different babies. My son naps 3 times during the day for about 15 to 30minutes. At night, he wakes up every 3 to 4 hours for feeds.

thanks

S dear it's enough