How do handle relative who think their child is more superior than mine? I have a relative who keep thinking she is more superior than me just because she has higher education, better relationship with my other family members. She used to call me stupid and make harsh comments about my family. I normally will just smile and walk away but recently I notice that she start treating my children badly just because some of my family members comment that my children is very obedient and well behaved. She even get upset if some of them get gift for my children even though her child also received it too. I try to avoid family gathering as I don't want my children to get treated badly but I find it unfair for my children. What can I do better to Ensure my children does not get boycott due to her selfishness?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

Hugs there are just so many different types of people we meet in life. Some can be very nice whereas some can be really a pest. When we meet unpleasant people which we have to face quite regularly, it is actually better to smile away & avoid commenting or arguing with them. Do not feel upset with their silly comments as they are reflecting very badly in front of everyone with their silly acts. Soon they will find their silly acts useless to hurt you & will stop harassing you

Read more
Thành viên VIP

It looks like she is of the jealous and insecure type. Maybe because everyone in your family likes you, she is unable to handle it and tries to remove her frustrations on you and your kids. You should just ignore her, but please do stand up for your kids because they need your support and no one should treat your kids badly. If possible speak to an elder member in your family and take their advice too.

Read more
8y trước

My family and relatives love her more so there is no reason for her to feel that. I do stand up for my children but I just do know how to handle it well so that my kids don't feel that they are being boycotts just because of her.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-11149)

I would tell her off at her face. maybe u can alert your husband what is going on, and let him know that u might flare one day. and if u does, dont come n blame u for anything. a mother would do anything to protect their kids

8y trước

Unfortunately, it is my side of relatives. He has been very patient with her but lost his cool once when he saw her behaving very rudely to my kids after someone call her cute and well behaving.

I would not avoid her or and attend family gathering. I would tell her nicely it not nice to comment my children & I doubt no one would like it too. everyone even kids need respect politely.