How do you manage new born sleep pattern during night time?Do u take shift with your partner?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I unfortunately had the kind of (ex) husband who believed "it's 110% mothers' sole responsibility" when it comes to caring for my son. It was crazy nightmare. I went 2 to 3 days without sleep, because my son woke up every 1 to 2 hours for feeds, in between those timings, I was either pumping, laundry, cleaning bottles, house chores. To squeeze in time for a couple of spoonfuls of food was luxury. To go to the toilet was always a frenzy. To sleep... Impossible. I fell into horrible post natal depression, ended up crying when my son was crying etc and thankfully my sister realized this. She from then on tookover me for a few hours at a go for me to nap or shower and it got better for me. My advise is, get your partner involved. You didn't create your child on your own and don't even think to try being a superwoman and doing everything on your own.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

I breastfeed her exclusively, so I have a co-sleeper and roll her over to the side to latch at night. Now as she sleeps through the night, we finally have peaceful nights. There are no diapers to be changed as well as we use Moony, a very absorbent brand which can last through the night. When she was a lot younger, my husband or father would change her diapers. They can't help with breastfeeding, so that was my responsibility. Latching is way easier than preparing formula and washing bottles!

Read more

My husband used to be the one doing the night feeds until I started to latch my daughter exclusively. Even as he was feeding I had to continue to pump milk for the next feed. It was pretty tiring and I decided to just latch her since I had to be awake anyway.

My husband sleeps through the night while I do the night duty because he drives the next day. Wouldn't want him to be distracted on the roads. He's on fm. During night time, baby wakes up twice only. Every four hourly so it's relatively easy :-)

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-2538)

thanks