How do you get kids to do what you want them to do?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Praise them. Appreciate what they do. And when they would know that you really appreciate their work they will be happy to help. Or you can work beside them. Ask them to help them side by side. And tell them that you feel so unburdened and happy when they give you company while doing something. My kid often helps me in making the bed or getting little things from here and there, or clearing up the mess when I tell him that I really like the way he does the cleaning, as he does it the best, better than his dad.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Usually i will show them what i want them to do first. Try to explain to them reason of doing certain things so they could understand why. For my toddler, i will ask him to keep his toys, but he refuse. I will offer to help to do it together. Kids don't like to be commanded in fact explain to them the reason why are we asking them to do certain things

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Kids are great learners and the best way for them to learn is to follow what adults do. So if you want them to do certain things, you should be a good example. Show them how to do it and tell them (in a very engaging manner) why you do it and why he/she needs to do it as well. Do it in repetition in order for them to easily remember the task.

Read more

As parents, we must lead by example. More than listening to you, children often learn from your actions. Of course, you must talk to them about what you want them to do, but a good way would be doing it along with them. This way, they will feel encouraged to do the task and it will also help you bond with them

Read more

I used to love watching Super Nanny, if you haven't seen it, definitely check it out. She has come up with 9 ways to make your child listen, here: http://www.supernanny.co.uk/Advice/-/Parenting-Skills/-/Routine-and-Teamwork/9-ways-to-make-them-listen.aspx My favourite is 6. Be a role model!

I talk to them, try to pursue them by telling different benefits of what I want them to do. If it is related to conditioning a particular behavior, I use the well known rewarding technique by giving them something pleasurable every time they do it my way.

Positive reinforcement. For example, if you want your children to clean up after themselves, tell them that will get a reward once they do it, so that they associate the behavior with a positive stimulus.

thanks

Haha - u cant!