How do you clam yourself down when you are depressed or stressed?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For me, exercise is my go-to whenever I am stressed. I would either do circuit training or go for a run. Scientifically, it is well known that exercise increases endorphins, which are basically chemicals your body release that makes you feel better. Mentally, when I exercise and sweat, I feel like the problems and stress I have will "melt" away as well. You can also try activities like yoga and pilates if you don't see yourself doing cardiovascular exercises. At times, I am just too tired to exercise when I get home from a long stressful day. For days like this, I would take a warm shower and take a nap right after -- maybe 30min to an hour's worth of napping. It usually refreshes me and I can think clearer after that.

Read more

It depends on the level of stress or depression. If it is something that is really heavy for me, I let myself drown in it--acknowleding the feeling and then after that I try to detach. And by detaching means that I usually try to divert my attention to doing some household work or helping others. I try to get busy all the more so that I can distract myself from the negative emotions that I am feeling. And after that, I simply just sleep on it.

Read more

Whenever I feel depressed, I will want to enjoy solitude, staying in the room alone and reading a book. As the book kept my mind full, I will not think of other negative stuffs and slowly forgets the stress. At times when books doesn't interest me, I will take a nap. Usually it gets a whole lot better.

Read more

Go shopping, do spa, go starbucks hv a coffee alone (look at e ppl ard & see wad kind of dress sense is tat they r wearing, get amused wif their funny hairstyles & laugh at them urself!), eat chocolates, exercise etc. If possible, find someone close to talk to.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-4061)

I will just hug my bolster and lie on bed to relax and cry if I need to do so. I will try to talk to my husband and he is the one who always listen to me. Also, I will watch some dramas to fill up my empty soul.

Thành viên VIP

stressed i would usually cry and have mild panic attacks. when i'm depressed i would usually listen to music and probably eat ice cream? or basically anything i like to eat

I need to unwind by going to a mall and stroll and dine. If budget still permits, I also have to shop to release the pressure and stress especially at work.

I will either sleep if on budget. If not, definitely some retail therapy, finding a cafe to enjoy some solitude and massage works for me!

Hello, I listen to music. I play the songs which make me happy. I mean which I normally listen during happy times. Music really lifts my mood.