taking care of infant while juggling with work

how did yall take care of your infant while juggling with work? if let's say your mum is taking care for u, both u and husband take over once back from work until the next morning then handover? same for infant care, take care aft work until next morning handover.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yup did it with my firstborn. Yes exhausting esp as a teacher I have to bring work home too. often I have to choose whether to come home early at 3pm if there's no cca/meetings/extra class but gotta bring work home or do work in sch and come home late at 6 (yes contrary to what ppl think, teachers dont get to clock out at 1pm as 10-11hours in sch is the norm). Most often I chose the latter as it's really difficult to do work at home with a kid. And now having my 2nd baby, it's gonna be worse and we're contemplating having a helper on top of sending both kids to childcare. Many of my colleagues do it this way. Expensive but it'll help with my sanity and kids get to mingle with their peers and learn better in sch and when I finish work, I can focus on my kids instead of having to juggle housework, sch work and kids.

Read more

I tried for one month without helper/help, when baby is 4mo and I couldn't cope. In the end I sent baby to infant care and also got a helper as I was worried that if I break down it might do more harm to baby. but every family is different, if you are really struggling perhaps talk to your husband and see if both of u can find a workaround?

Read more

you can do it. jia you. my child is 3 yr. at least with your mum care, it is still flexible unlike the school where you need fetch him before 7pm and rush to work

Very very tiring but its doable when both you and husband share the same load. Thankful for my husband whos hands on and always settle for the baby.

I have seen it for my sister, so day time mom take care then finish work take over then night time alternate nights do night duties

yes of course. but these days there are weekend parents who don't take care of their children except during weekends.

Yeps. it's hard, but doable if both parents share the load for 1 child. 2 children would be very challenging.

Yes